Saturday 30 July 2011

I own this place?!

So apparently it is that I run an xkcd hate blog now. This is weird. So weird in fact, I'd like to go back in time and tell my year-ago past self. It would totally freak him out because he's still an xkcd fan. What's that you say? 'You of all people were once a fan?'

Yes. I originally came to xkcdsucks for the Humor Sans font. I was disgusted by what I read. But I stayed there too long, and actually started agreeing with them. I think it was the 'family illness' cop-out that made me switch to the dark side. My role in the hatedom has since grown to quoting the funniest forum posts, making pointless bingo cards, and most recently, impersonating R.

But I don't write reviews. I rely on other people to understand what makes a comic so bad. So don't expect much from this place now that Kitten has left. Here's the deal: I'll carry on with the bingo thing if enough people want it. Do you?

14 comments:

  1. What? Kitten left? When did this happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. if enough people want? i thought you did this for your own enjoyment. if your heart's not in it you should just stop now before you become as sad and pathetic as the one who motivated the creation of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BINGO FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANFIC FOREVER!

    Also, just to point out that Ravenzomg and Capn were the ones who motivated the creation of this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want you to keep commenting on my xkcd hate blog so I still feel relevant.

    Bingo's cool too, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should keep doing bingo, but tear this website down and consolidate the bingo with one of the other hate blogs that actually have real content. Also, that have better URLs. Fuck this URL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, that's a great idea. If you did forum bingo on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, XKCD SUCKS could have fresh content nearly every day of the week.

    You should consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES YES YES YES YES

    I'm totally a nobody but I keep coming back here checking for updates, especially for Bingo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only came here for the bingo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know bingo was so popular. You hardly ever commented on it. Rest assured, it will be continuing at xkcd-sucks (with a hyphen)... soon.

    Also, check out hyphen anyway for the joke review I posted.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.