Friday 6 May 2011

Comic 895: Feynmann and Rubber

 Alt-text: Space-time is like some simple and familiar system which is both intuitively understandable and precisely analogous, and if I were Richard Feynman I'd be able to come up with it.

I'll start off by saying I like something in this comic - the pose of the kid in the second panel perfectly shows what a smug little asshole he is. Especially the way he floats above his chair, mocking gravity. Beyond that, it's another dull comic, best described by the student in the fourth panel. Analogies are useful, but have flaws. Pedants are pedantic. Great.

The alt-text is again very slightly more interesting than the comic - obviously Randall worships Feynmann, as all nerds do, but doesn't Feynmann use the rubber sheet analogy as well? I'm pretty sure Feynmann was willing to use flawed analogies, as long as the flaws were pointed out.

Anyway, here is a related link to a completely insane man and his troubles with Einstein.

BINGO TIME!

Again, thanks to Jon Levi.


Almost! And Jon's crossing-off is becoming rather snazzy.

JON LEVI'S BINGO TIME!

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more!


Or close the wall up with our English dead! Actually, no, let's just use bricks and plaster like everyone else.

15 comments:

  1. Bingo is back with a vengence!

    And whilst it didn't quite get there, it was a splendid effort from such a small comment thread. One comment actually managed to hit four boxes simultaneously, that's like with one sentence, man.

    "That is to say, both the comic and the review were almost certainly the frantic last-minute half-assed creation of a very stoned very fat internet personality that is equally certainly the same human being."

    Remember, we were only one box away from a bingo, and three boxes away from a double bingo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was already keeping tabs on the bingo. I couldn't ignore such a rich seam of cuddlefishery. Surprisingly, I'm a little more liberal than you with the square ticking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus wept, that video is just about the most rediculously awful thing I've ever seen. People who have no concept of what science is should not be allowed to post videos on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wrong. We were three squares away from a triple bingo! Think what could have been!

    Back to discussing the comic, the guy in the chair (assuming he's the one who says "BOOOOORING." is an asshole. You don't shout "BOOOOORING." in the middle of a class unless it's an inside joke with the teacher, or you're an asshole. I've sat through boring lectures that last two hours, and never did I get the urge to vocalize it in such a way.

    This brings us to a question: whose side is Randall on? Is he on the side of the asshole-student? OR the science teacher because y'know, science works, bitches? I think the latter, because the teacher would be taking the 'right' option in 803.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woman:

    replace the center square of the bingo with "altf posting random inanity" and you'll complete your bingo _every_single_time_. On the other hand, that would give her validity and make her think she's left her mark on the internet, so it'd probably be better to just say "random inane pseudo-faux-smart bullshit" and not name names.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doubt it. Prove it, bitch, cause I've been everywhere in the Internet, both the deep web and the shallow web, and I have not seen a trace of a famous chinky-chong. So I assume you are lying, as is your wont.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aye. We slavs are much superior to the Burmese.

    Even genetics prove this:

    http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/2240/mfig001sv2.gif

    Also you didn't address my point. You never do. You just spew bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you kittens. I love you so much now. I am honestly beginning to like this blog more than Carl/Rob/Randall's, and that's saying something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wouldn't celebrate too much. ALT-F has annoyed me by refusing to write a review, hence the deletions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now you actually deleted them! Truly, you are the queen of the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Regarding the comic:

    Please do a bingo! I appreciate those, as do others

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure ALTF apologises for having annoyed you Mr. Kittens.
    I'm sure she believes that your deletional acumen is important not for what you chose to delete, but for what you chose to retain.
    I am sure she would be impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. good job Kitten! You made ALTF come crawling back, apologizing, as anon.

    ALTF does make a mistake in that she believes that anyone cares what she is impressed about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This proves how desperate and indeed pitiable ALTF is, that upon being banned from a single small blog she immediately repents and comes crawling back, in atonement and bawling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So close to another bingo! (Unless there was a phoning in that I missed)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.